The Royal Wilson hotel situated in the centre of Toulouse allows you, in less than 10 minutes, to access very easily and quickly the Garonne Canal and the Canal du Midi, which is classed as a World Heritage site by UNESCO.
In order to accompany you on your circuit, here is some important information :
- a guide dedicated to your stay at the hotel and in Toulouse, to download it click on Toulouse cycle tourist guide.
- A log book which gives you all the vital information for your stay with a bicycle at the hotel.
- a national badge, “Accueil Vélo” since 2016 which guarantees a welcome and quality service for cyclists throughout their journeys.
- the delivery of packed lunches to the hotel before your departure from our partner the Boulangerie Saint-Georges.
The SIX advantages the Royal Wilson Hotel has for a stop as a cycle tourist :
- An exceptional position in the very centre of Toulouse and just a few metres away from the Canal du Midi and Garonne Canal (the Lateral Canal) cycle tracks, from the Saint-Sernin Basilica, which is a major stage in the pilgrimage towards Saint James of Compostela.
- A secure bicycle storage facility in the hotel.
- The label “Accueil Vélo”, which guarantees several services, among which are a bicycle repair kit, the possibility to wash your bicycle and to order a basket.
- Spacious bedrooms, some of which are family rooms.
- A free left-luggage facility
- A tasty, well-balanced breakfast composed of :
bread and pastries from the Victor Hugo market, a skewer of fresh seasonal fruits, cereals, apple puree, cream cheese, orange juice, butter, jam, honey and hot drinks.
Printed matter :
Some specific guides for your next bicycle circuit along the Canal du Midi or the Lateral Canal in Toulouse :
- The guide book “Bordeaux-Toulouse à Vélo le long du Canal de Garonne” by Jérôme Savary.
And on the web :
Some good addresses of bicycle rental firms on the Canal du Midi and the Garonne Canal :
La maison du vélo à Toulouse in Haute-Garonne, T. 05 34 40 64 72
A Vélo Ramonville St-Agne near Toulouse en Haute-Garonne, T. 06 77 23 04 87
Les vélos de Portiragnes Portiragnes in Hérault, P. 06 95 32 11 72
Relax bike Tours, Toulouse to Sète
Vélogénie Capestang in Hérault, P. 06 99 67 53 50
And to accompany you in the transfer of luggage, equipment and bicycles, right along the Two Seas Canal (Canal des 2 mers) from Bordeaux to Toulouse via Agen, our
partner : www.bagafrance.com Mobile number +33 641 19 20 11.
And not forgetting the bicycle rental facilities in the city of Toulouse, for cycling just around Toulouse and the surrounding area : VélôToulouse et IndigoWeel,
with apps to download.
From Nouvelle Aquitaine to Occitanie, passing through Toulouse, right along the canal du Midi or the Garonne Canal we wish you an excellent cycling trip.
For information : The Two Seas Canal (le canal des 2 mers) is the name given to the navigable waterway formed by the Canal du Midi ( from Toulouse to Sète) and the Lateral Canal (Canal Latéral) to the Garonne ( from Toulouse to Bordeaux).
These two green routes offer cyclists a wonderful experience of Cycling in en Occitanie and in Nouvelle Aquitaine.